Level 1, 50 Marshall Street,
Habitus Shop Enquiries
2827 articles and counting. Catch the latest in the weekly HL newsletter.
VPS 3.2 $67,323 gross per annum + 9.5% superannuation
Maternity Leave Cover
Full Time, Fixed Term until 10 June, 2016
Closing date for applications: 5pm 30 April, 2015
The National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) is seeking an Exhibition Designer to support the Senior Exhibition Designers with key exhibition design and infrastructure projects and exhibition graphics.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for developing creative design concepts and solutions for permanent and temporary exhibitions, programs, events and commercial projects. This includes the preparation of concepts, design development, specifications and documentation drawings for build and tendering purposes, arranging quotes and procurement of approved services and project administration. Other key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking environmental graphic design for permanent and temporary exhibitions, programs, events & commercial projects including retail.
- Dispatch for production environmental graphics including labels, didactic texts, title wall graphics, directional/way finding signage, illustrative and info graphic material and all other visual communications to accompany exhibits.
- Undertaking and supporting Exhibition Design team in CAD documentation for exhibitions and displays for construction purposes including design and production of environmental graphics.
- Ensuring Senior Exhibition Designers are informed and approve each stage of design development and authorises procurement and other production requirements.
To be successful you will have a degree in Interior Design, Industrial Design, Architecture, Graphic Design or allied field coupled with experience in a design environment, preferably controlling design projects. You will also be able to lead the design process for 2D and 3D displays and exhibitions from conceptual visualisation to production of associated material in an art museum or similar environment. You can produce project plans where objectives are clearly defined and action steps for achieving them are clearly specified ensuring project objectives are met by anticipating and managing potential and emerging issues.
You actively seek all relevant information for problem-solving, investigating the facts and analysing issues from different perspectives drawing from the information available and identifying and proposing workable solutions to problems. You can confidently convey ideas and information in a clear and interesting way, seeing things from others’ points of view and confirming understanding while expressing your own views in a constructive and diplomatic way. You can also adapt the content, style, message or tone of a presentation to suit the audience, ensuring that written communications contain the necessary information to achieve its purposes.Exhibition Designer
DesignByThem is an award winning design brand producing Australian designed furniture, lighting and accessories. All products are designed in Australia with a sensitivity to time and the environment.
Who we are
DesignByThem was launched in 2006 by co-founders Nicholas Karlovasitis and Sarah Gibson with the mission of creating an Australian design brand.
The collection includes Nicholas and Sarah’s designs alongside the work of other great Australian designers including Tommy Cehak and Stefan Lie.
We are currently seeking a new Sales & Marketing Coordinator to work full time within our design studio and showroom based in Chippendale. The role is ideal for someone who can handle a variety of tasks and enjoys seeing long term projects completed. We are looking for someone to grow with our business as we expand our product range and move into new markets both in Australia and overseas.
The primary focus of the Sales & Marketing Coordinator is to manage the day to day operations of DesignByThem in sync with the companies schedule and inline with the companies brand position. The main purpose of this is to alleviate the directors from the day to day running of the business, allowing them to focus on new product design and business development.
Sales orders and quoting must be completed in accordance with the current demand whilst marketing and commercial sales activities must be in line with the monthly tasks surrounding events and product releases. Maintaining this rhythm of day to day and monthly activities is vital to DesignByThem being able to expand whilst maintaining a happy customer base.
The Sales & Marketing Coordinator should:
- Conduct tasks autonomously and take initiative on a range of activities whilst running the studio efficiently and neatly.
- Ensure customer service is punctual, professional and friendly to ensure client retention and satisfaction with the brand.
- Help build sales and build a resolute reputation for the brand through good service and quality marketing.
- Generating furniture quotes and sales orders.
- Managing the sales pipeline and new leads.
- Processing payments & online orders.
- Coordinating deliveries to customers.
- Client liaising and customer service.
- Managing the showroom & office.
- Coordinating marketing activities (EDMs, advertising & events).
- Updating the website & social media posts.
- Assisting the two directors.
The ideal person will be:
- Well organised and thorough.
- Great with people.
- Fast with computers.
- Good with words and numbers.
- Have a good eye for graphics and design.
- Able to work autonomously and take initiative.
- Driven to grow within the company long term.
- Hands on and dynamic.
This is a full time position starting mid May.
Please send through your application by the 5th of May at the very latest. We will be interviewing all through April and the first two weeks of May.Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Earp Bros – Innovative Tile Solutions has an opportunity for a Showroom Manager at our Chatswood store in a full time role.
Earp Bros is a well-established business and leading importer and retailer of ceramic tiles, with architectural showrooms in Newcastle, Sydney and Melbourne. Our trusted brand is synonymous with high quality products and excellent service and our company’s dedication to ecological and sustainable products is paramount. We are proud to be the first and only hard flooring company to gain a Global Green Tag “A” rating.
See what we do at www.earp.com.au
- Plan, direct and manage the retail operations to achieve budgeted or better sales and profit targets.
- Assist clients with the selection of ceramic tiles and associated products.
- Manage prospective sales leads and enquiries.
- Achieve sales budgets by pursuing new and existing clients.
- Handle incoming calls and respond to enquiries.
- Manage and direct showroom staff on daily, weekly, monthly and annual targets.
- Timesheets, rostering, and general staff management
- Co-ordinate showroom meetings.
- Showroom displays, layout, and design.
Skills and Experience
- Preferred 3 years retail management experience or management tertiary qualifications.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, possess interpersonal, communication, planning, technical and analytical skills
- Strong sales ability and customer focus
- An eye for detail and strong colour/design focus.
- High level of team spirit.
- Motivation, motivation and more motivation!
Earp Bros is looking for a Showroom Manager to join the team at our Chatswood Branch. This position is a full time position. The showroom will be moving to Alexandria in 2016. Please indicate your availability in your application.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualification.Showroom Manager
Earp Bros is a well-established leading importer-retailer of ceramic tiles, with architectural showrooms in Newcastle, Sydney and Melbourne. Our trusted brand is synonymous with high quality products, cutting edge design and world leading manufacturers. We pride ourselves on high customer service levels. We are proud to be the first and only hard flooring company to gain a Global Green Tag “A” rating. See what we do at www.earp.com.au
This exciting role is based in our Chatswood branch (relocating to Alexandria 2016) and involves servicing the needs of our extensive Architectural & Design specification client base.
You will be responsible for front line sales including generating new business and servicing existing clients. With responsibility for achieving sales targets and budgets, you will be required to use strategic sales ability, combined with industry knowledge to meet these objectives. Broadly you will be charged with maintaining close relationships within the Sydney Architectural & Design community providing a total solution for our clients requirements.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a solid track record of sales within the Architectural & Design specification community. Direct experience in the tile industry, business development and/or account management are highly desirable. The candidate will have the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships coupled with excellent communication and presentation skills. The following skills will be essential:
- Strong orientation towards customer service and a track record in achieving results.
- Professional and confident attitude and business acumen with a high level of communication and networking skills.
- Contacts within the industry would be an advantage.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualification, including base salary, car allowance and bonus incentive.Architectural Sales Representative
Key Roles and Responsibilities – Full Time Tuesday to Saturday.
The primary responsibility of this role is to assist the visual merchandising team with all aspects of installation of systems and loose furniture in both the Space and Poliform showrooms.
Ensuring all installations are carried out in a professional and timely manner.
Responsible for general showroom maintenance, and stock management.
- Problem solving and resolution management. To be able to anticipate any potential challenges associated with installation.
- Working with other members of installation and warehouse team to ensure smooth process.
- Assist with delivery of loose furniture items if required by warehouse management.
- Some heavy lifting.
- Rubbish Removal.
Job requirements include:
- Hold a valid drivers licence
- Be OH+S proficient
- Possess an exceptional work ethic
- Demonstrate honesty and work integrity
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills