Welcome the design hunter – design is your passion, Habitus your inspiration.
Habitus is a quarterly magazine for and about the design hunters – the homes they build, the landscapes that surround them, and the products and works of art they put inside.
With homes, products and people drawn from the rich design landscape of Australasia, South-East Asia and South Asia, Habitus is a unique celebration of way of life and an inspirational resource for the design hunter. Subscribe to Habitus magazine. Habitus is available internationally through major bookstores.
2803 articles and counting. Catch the latest in the weekly HL newsletter.
An Estimating and Sales Support position is now availiable in our Surry Hills NSW Showroom.
There are 4 key areas this position is responsible for including :
1. Ensure the estimation and pricing process delivers speedy, accurate financial & delivery information across the business to all the sales teams. To ensure all pricing in the system is correct and up to date.
2. Provide support to the sales teams in liaising with customers re detail clarification, providing pricing and technical information in the sales persons place where needed.
3. Back up internal sales support to the NSW team when required.
4. Staff training and support when required.
Having a good eye for detail is critical in this role as well as the ability to work in a collaborative team environment. The role involves working with all our brands and good communication skills are vital to building relationships internally and externally.
Experience in pricing and sales support is preferred and if you have dealt with the Options software program that would also be an advantage.
Café Culture + Insitu represents a range of world-class brands, providing a comprehensive selection of authentic, contemporary furniture and lighting solutions across Australia.
With over 15 years of experience, Café Culture + Insitu has been providing architecture and design customers quality product and service, contributing to some of the most exciting and innovative projects in Australia across the hospitality, commercial, educational and residential markets.
Café Culture + Insitu prides itself on having an outward view while maintaining a strong, localised focus, fusing popular European and British brands with talented, authentic Australian designers and brands. The company’s in-depth involvement in the finishing and delivery of all products and projects is supported by strong relationships with its brand partnerships and close, one-on-one relationships with its manufacturers and craftspeople.
We look forward to meeting you and having you join the team.Estimating & Sales Support
Foreign Policy is looking for talented
- Senior Interior Designers (minimum 5 years experience)
– Interior Designers
Sound like you?SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
– Passionate about design
– Constantly coming up with great ideas
– Appreciative of all forms of creativity and technology
– A team player, sharing your opinions and willing to help others
– Can clearly and efficiently communicate your thoughts with clients and colleagues
– Thorough and have excellent attention to detail
– Motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to work unsupervised
– Want to be part of an exciting and growing design studio
Black Line Retail is Australia’s leading retail design and project consultancy – we provide a wide range of services for a rapidly growing number of retail power-houses, locally and overseas. Our clients are some of the most recognized brands in Australia and from around the world.
Based in Alexandria, we are a team of dedicated retail professionals who provide genuine and transparent value for our clients – be it strategic, iconic or commercial. Culturally, we take our work and clients seriously, but not necessarily ourselves.
We are currently looking for a Studio Manager/Senior Designer that is motivated and experienced to assist on a variety of design projects. You will be accountable for the outputs of a small team of Design Associates and Designers through managing and mentoring staff in the day-to-day performance of work to meet company objectives.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Design, Architecture or related field.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in Retail Design.
- Minimum 2 years Vectorworks experience.
- Demonstrated management skills (2 years in a team leadership/colleague coaching capacity).
- Experience leading and working in a team-orientated collaborative environment.
- Operational and technical design management skills.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to remain ahead of schedule and meet critical deadlines.
- The ability to derive actionable insights and translate into business improving initiatives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinate and distribute work to team, monitor upcoming workloads and backlogs and make necessary adjustments.
- Work with staff, project teams and other service providers to manage and co-ordinate work outcomes.
- Ensure all resources understand and follow appropriate Brand Guidelines to successfully complete assigned tasks with committed timeframes and standards.
- Help to develop and implement design standards to foster operational efficiency, monitor compliance, and mitigate risks to achieve team results.
- Perform more complex elements of design work, applying an advanced level of technical expertise and judgement to achieve desired outcomes.
- Meeting project deadlines.
In return, Black Line will provide a competitive salary based on experience, an excellent working environment and corporate culture, a genuine work /life balance and a broad range of interesting and exciting clients/projects.Studio Manager/Senior Designer
We are a small, family owned business specialising in high quality woollen carpet, situated in central St Kilda in gallery style premises. We are seeking a highly organised, self-directed professional person with exceptional customer service skills, exemplary presentation, and computer literacy to join our cohesive team on a full time basis over five days (Tuesday-Friday 8.30am-5pm) and Saturday 9am-3pm
Written applications addressed to the Office Manager.
The role also involves showroom maintenance including displaying carpet samples, general tidying, and all aspects of general office administration and entails assisting a wide range of clients with their selection of carpets and rugs and provision of relevant information. There is scope for an extended sales role to the right applicant.
Reporting and working directly with the directors of the company.
Other key relationships include other staff, warehouse staff, suppliers, sales representatives, affiliated organizations and staff at all levels, key clients & general retail customers including Architects, Interior Designers, and Decorators.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Administrative tasks will include recording client details and preparation of quotations, invoices, emails, statements, accounts, general correspondence, stock control, computer data entry, basic accounts and banking tasks.
- Showroom tasks will include merchandising and displaying samples, keeping the showroom neat and tidy and some general cleaning.
- To answer customer enquiries prior to, and during installation, and provide advice for any after sales queries.
- To assist with advising clients and their agents regarding installation scheduling, including co-ordinating other trades.
- To process the sale, carry out stock enquiries and follow up sales orders with suppliers.
- Having or acquiring ongoing knowledge of various current product types, prices, delivery lead times, installation requirements, underlay products and relevant accessories and being interested in current interior trends and furnishings.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS NECESSARY TO CARRY OUT THE ROLE
- Mature minded person with exemplary communication (written and verbal) skills
- Familiarity with computer programs including Office, Outlook, Adobe etc.
- Impeccable presentation
- Imperative to be customer focused
- Highly motivated to assist with client objectives and maintain company ethos
- Experience working in small team environments with appreciation of small business dynamics
- Ability to problem solve using effective negotiation techniques
- Ability to manage time effectively over a range of duties
- Punctuality and reliability essential
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to calculate sums and estimate areas
- Ability to accept and action delegated tasks from directors/staff as requested
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to lift, move and store samples
- Current Drivers Licence
Full time positionAdministrative Sales Assistant
12 month contract position with opportunity for renewal
3 month probation
Recreational Leave: 4 weeks pa (pro rata available after 6 months employment)
All minimum statutory conditions met
Salary range: ($45k-$50k)
Showroom-based position, working with a small, experienced sales team and consulting to a clientele of designers, trade and retail.
This is a sales and consultation role, working in a showroom environment. Lighting design and product advice, as well as retail sales, are the primary functions of the position.
Key responsibilities include –
- Providing quotations and lighting design concepts
- Guiding clients with their selection of lighting products
- Managing customer orders through to delivery
Key requirements –
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a strong work ethic
- Be able to provide excellent customer service
- Proficiency in MS Office and MYOB will be beneficial
- Be able to work to deadlines and strong attention to detail
- Experience within the lighting industry preferred.
At Richmond Lighting we provide a unique opportunity for you to develop your lighting design skills and product knowledge, as you will be working for an independent company, with highly experienced staff and a broad product range.
This is a full time Monday to Friday position, including rostered Saturdays.Sales Consultant – Architectural Lighting
Salary by negotiation and will be commensurate with experience.