See all the competition entries from our efficiency & flexibility habitus #27 readers’ themed issue. Submit yours for the chance to win a years subscription to Habitus.
2872 articles and counting. Catch the latest in the weekly HL newsletter.
Originally a fashion house, Merivale, owned by the Hemmes family, has been established in Australia for 60 years. The Hemmes family are developing and operating pioneers within the hospitality industry, owning a growing portfolio of more than 50 restaurants, bars, pubs, hotels and function spaces in Sydney & employing 2000 of the industry’s most exceptional people.
We offer fantastic employee benefits and career development opportunities, along with some amazingly generous staff perks.
At Merivale, our venues are a reflection of who we are – luxurious, elegant, relaxed yet world class.
We are currently seeking an exceptional interior stylist to bring their talent, creativity and style to our venue team.
Working collaboratively, you will be responsible for taking briefs, researching, sourcing products/furniture/props/upholstery etc, negotiating with suppliers.
You will be ensuring the unique style of each venue is kept, whilst not compromising on practicality.
- Experience in styling interiors or venues
- Able to work collaboratively in a small team
- Strong relationship building skills, with internal stakeholders & suppliers
- Be thrifty & resourceful!
- Organised, cataloguing items etc
Sound like you?
Get on board now to ‘Do what you love, Love what you do’!Venue Stylist @ Merivale
AWM is one of the great local success stories, starting from humble beginnings and now more than 20 years later a respected and well known commercial furniture and joinery company offering the very best in workplace solutions nationally. With a commitment to excellence reflected in everything we do and endeavouring each and every time to produce results over and above our client’s expectations.
An opportunity has now become available for an Account Manager/Estimator to join us in our Alexandria location. Working closely with the Business Development Manager and the sales team, you will become part of an integral team member where your contribution is invaluable.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Estimation and preparation of quotes within client deadlines
- Converting quotes into sales orders
- Generating sales opportunities
- Maintain client relationships
- Liaison with suppliers
- Assist sales team when needed and help to reach targets
- Attend to customer service enquiries
Skills and experience required:
- Proven sales and customer service experience
- Solid computer and telephone skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Previous experience in the furniture industry would be advantageous
The successful candidate will have the natural ability to be proactive, quick thinking, have a great sense of humour and not afraid to assist in taking on more work when needed. Crucial to this role is your professionalism, client service aptitude, organisational and communication skills and proactive nature.
Does this sound like you, then what are you waiting for, send us your resume.Account Manager/Estimator
Zenith is passionate about designing, manufacturing, distributing and supplying the very best in corporate and commercial furniture and providing sustainable workplace solutions, aligned with current thinking and trends. Zenith provides organisations in Australasia with new and innovative ways with products that are functional, appealing and forward thinking. We help to create work environments that bring people together to share, collaborate, socialise and learn.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to support the Marketing and Product Director & Manager in the creation and production of graphic design and creative projects for our Marketing and Product division of the company. In this dynamic role, the successful candidate will be involved in:
In line with the Zenith brand identity guidelines and templates, designing, developing and/or revising marketing materials, such as advertising, presentations, newsletters, handouts, logos, posters, invitations, flash animations, web images, for internal and external audiences;
Altering or repairing graphic elements as necessary and/or place/convert graphic elements into correct formats/programs;
Creating and/or manipulating graphic elements (photos, logos, themes, etc.) for use in client-facing and internal marketing and communications efforts.
Managing the production of various project deliverables, from the design phase through to delivery, including brochures, invitations, advertisements, PowerPoint and e-cards
Handling various special requests related to graphic design services on an as assigned/as needed basis. Assist with maintaining images, website and intranet. Assist with all corporate events.
What is your experience?
- You possess a relevant tertiary degree with a Graphic Design major or equivalent.
- You have a minimum of one years’ experience in graphic design in a professional serv
- You have demonstrated expertise and experience with Adobe Creative Suite CC (Illustrator Photoshop and In Design).
- You have interest in and had general exposure to or experience with MAC/PC, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint).
- You have a general understanding of marketing and business concepts.
Who are you?
- You are creative and imaginative
- You have an outstanding ability to design and communicate clearly for a variety of media
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have good marketing abilities
- You have the ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritise, and work under pressure autonomously
- You enjoy working within a team environment but can also work autonomously
- You are reliable, flexible and proactive
- You are a problem solver and can demonstrate sound judgement
- You are interested in interior design and designer furniture Graphic Designer, Product & Marketing
CC+I Melbourne is looking for a new member of the sales team could this be you ?
We are looking for a team player with excellent communication skills who loves building customer relationships and finding the best solution for success.
An experienced sales professional who is looking to join a team where your voice is heard and you are critical to the growth and development of the team and business.
There are three key things we need you to deliver upon.
1. Build strong client relationships through providing excellent client service
2. Represent Café Culture + Insitu in a manner that upholds our values and reputation
3. Meet sales budgets
- Client satisfaction
- Sales & forecasting deliverables
- Key communications with Project Manager
What you need to have
- Min 2 years sales experience in a design environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- High level negotiation & resolution skills
- An eye for an opportunity
- Exceptional follow up
- Desire to ‘get things done’ and willingness to ‘get your hands dirty’
- Computer literate
- A love of people & a flair for design
- A team mentality
SalaryBusiness Development Manager – Melbourne
Remuneration is commiserate with experience and will include performance bonus
Leading Design Media house is looking for an Online Editor to join our dynamic team in Surry Hills.
The Online Editor is responsible for the creation, production and execution of editorial and client-based content – written or interactive – for our two websites, social media accounts and all other relevant digital platforms in order to entertain, attract and retain users for our brands, and to establish and maintain the brands as the industry’s number one news portal. The Editor will also manage weekly newsletters for the websites and a growing stable of online products.
This role is expected to/will generate and execute innovative ideas that will attract new audiences by producing unique and compelling content through various multimedia channels including but not limited to websites, mobile phones, portable devices and social media.
The role will work closely with the magazine team to ensure integration between the website and the print magazine, and with the media and online teams to ensure the website’s profitability and traffic. You will have a strong understanding of online marketing and how to make numbers work.
The ability to work effectively with commercial colleagues and clients is important.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Produce, write, edit and post content for websites and social channels.
- Establish and maintain quality standards across websites to maintain and strengthen brands, and ensure expectations of audience and advertisers are met
- Work closely with media team and clients to produce effect editorial and advertorial content
- Manage online editorial budgets
- Maintain and create content for social media presences and reinforce social media best practice across relevant editorial departments to ensure social media presences are exhibiting industry standard levels of engagement.
- Manage the editorial calendar and development of websites and social media along with relevant editorial departments in-line with the brands objectives and online content strategy.
- Proactively seek opportunities to promote, market and integrate the websites through the magazine and other online channels.
- Support the advertising/sponsorship teams with ideation and implementation of advertising campaigns.
- Analyse and understand audience based research to assist with the development of relevant online content for the target audience.
- Ensure that the website is a primary marketing tool for the magazine with focus on integration and driving sales.
- Attend industry functions to raise profile of brands and strengthen industry relationships
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Meet forecasted and agreed-upon metrics such as unique visitors, page views, time spent, membership and user retention.
- Maintaining effective relationships with magazine stakeholders to create strong integration between online and the magazine.
- Building a network of industry associations online.
- Project management and other duties as reasonably directed by the Publisher.
- Significant experience in producing content (articles) for an online publisher.
- Tertiary qualifications in Interior Design with interest in writing or media journalism.
- Experience in web publishing including using Photoshop, WordPress, HTML and Flash is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of best practice cross-media production techniques including new media usability principals and deliver content to correct specifications.
- Understanding of all web based tools and experience using content management systems.
If this sounds like you, please apply ASAP with a cover letter and resume via the Apply button below.
Note: only successful applicants will be contacted.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.Online Editor